Friday, November 11, 2011

childhood

I must have also been a very intense emotional child which I am to this day. I recall my dad teasing me by quoting Petunia Pig from the old Warner Brothers cartoon: “Jennifer, Jennifer, don’t excited, don’t get excited.” He said it was because I seemed to get so upset over very minor matters. I think it’s because I never fully adjusted to the limitations of this physical reality.

My father told me that one time when I was three he tried to put me to bed, but I didn't want to. He would spank me and I would be right back up and out of bed again. Then he'd spank me again, and again until finally he gave up and let me stay up. In a therapy session I realized that this incident taught me how hostile the world can be and it also showed me just how determined I can be to see what I desire through.

No comments:

Post a Comment